Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bradens Blog Post 4

I have read till about chapter 31 and I'm thinking the book is a bit weird and slow at this moment. I mean Matt marries Celia? She is his mother figure but otherwise the book has been pretty entertaining. There are quite a few spots where it was boring for me. El patron dyeing wasn't very much of a surprise. After he started to show the he didn't enjoy "life" as much i knew he was going to die. The story about how Celia got to Opium was interesting and the blog post we did on it was also intriguing but i find that this book is a bit boring. Not because of the pace just where it's going is easily predictable. if farmer had made an interesting twist at the end (other than Matt marrying Celia) i would have enjoyed this book a lot more. For instance Tam Lin is Matts dad (Just throwing stuff out there) but thats just an example and it would show why Tam Lin was such a father type to Matt. Also I'm wondering if Matt is put into power in Opium how would he dispose of all the Eejits and in what way would that really change anything? Anyways overall the book was boring but still entertained me enough to want to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts On Braden's Blog Post 4: To the point of which I have read i have also found the book to be slow and uneventful. Also this book creeps me out like crazy at some points (like when Matt marries Celia another like figure). The views you expressed I found were very similar to mine which I found interesting because most people have found the book to be eventful and entertaining. I look forward to learning how you view the final few chapters.

    ReplyDelete